- Moira: "Have we failed them, John? I'm worried about our children. Are we terrible parents?"
- Johnny: "Terrible parents? We sent them to the best boarding schools, we hired the best nannies. We did everything right. I mean, they're not overly affectionate with us and, uh, there's a lot more disrespect than I'd like, but, uh, no, we're good parents."
- ―Moira and Johnny Rose[src]
"Bad Parents" is the fourth episode in the first season of Schitt's Creek. It is the fourth episode overall.
Because David has no place to store all of his designer clothes after Johnny demands David to remove them from his and his mother's closet, David has to figure out what to do with them. Stevie suggest he sell what he doesn't want, which is not that easy to do in Schitt's Creek and with David's mentality of "every piece is special". Alexis has to do community service in Schitt's Creek for a DUI charge incurred prior to her arrival. She ends up doing that service with fellow "delinquent" and object of her secret affection, Mutt. Because of these issues, David and Alexis' rather distant attitude toward them, and an issue with Alexis' middle name, Johnny and Moira come to the conclusion that they have been bad parents and don't really know their children all that well. They take a business approach to rectify the matter. And through all these issues, the Roses learn some unexpected information about the Schitt family.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Tim Rozon as Mutt Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Darryl Dinn as Wayne