- Johhny: "The sign tells people what to expect when they're in town."
- Bob: "Do you have a problem with that message?"
- Johnny: "A major problem, Bob. Yeah, you see, it's the first thing you see when you drive in, and as the owner of the town, I'd like to convey a better, cleaner image."
- Bob: "There's a lot of history in that sign, Johnny. Schitt history."
- Ronnie: "That's all we need, some outsider coming in here and changing everything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
- ―Johnny Rose, Bob Currie, and Ronnie Lee discussing the town sign.[src]
The next obstacle Johnny believes he faces in selling Schitt's Creek is the town sign, which depicts two of Roland's ancestors in what Johnny sees as a compromising position. However, none of the longtime town residents see what Johnny sees, and as such he has difficulty convincing anyone in authority to change the sign. Roland in particular takes offense to Johnny's thoughts, as Roland sees it as an attack on his family. Johnny has to convince Roland of what he and most out-of-towners would see in the sign. Moira falls into a major depression after seeing the negative results of Googling her name. Nothing that the family does brings her out of her funk, but a request by Jocelyn may do the trick. Jocelyn, however, may regret making the request. David, who still has one active credit card, is forced to look for a job to pay for his recent purchases. An unwitting source may be David's problem in holding onto any job. And Alexis contemplates embarking on a relationship with the stranger she kissed at the tailgate party, not knowing anything about him beyond him having a beard and being attracted to him physically. He may have some say in the matter.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Tim Rozon as Mutt Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Alex Choat as Jared
- Aveleigh Keller as Tiffany
- Elizabeth McEachern as Store Manager
- Christina Orjalo as Student