- Alexis: "Things don't fall in my lap!"
- David: "Okay, I'm just saying, that you've always just gotten stuff, without realizing that other people don't skate through life the same way you do."
- Alexis: "I don't skate through life David, I walk through life. In really nice shoes."
- ―Alexis and David Rose[src]
Overwhelmed by all the responsibility of being the new owner of the motel, Stevie considers her many options, one of those near the top being to sell it. Johnny and Moira believe it would be potentially disastrous for them if Stevie does sell, the possibilities including they being evicted or they being charged market rates for their rooms. Moira tries to encourage her fellow council members to designate the motel a heritage building which would direct some much needed funds to Stevie to keep the business afloat, while Johnny offers his assistance to Stevie in any way he can. When the move toward selling becomes more of a reality, Johnny decides to take decisive action to thwart the move. Meanwhile, David's driver's license has expired, renewal of which requires him to retake the road test. David is afraid that he won't pass the exam as he has always suffered from exam anxiety. David gets some unsolicited advice from Alexis on the matter. Beyond whether Alexis' advice proves useful or is accurate, the mere provision of that advice leads to a long standing unspoken issue between the siblings being brought into the open.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Varun Saranga as Gary