- David: "I mean, this store in the right hands could be very lucrative."
- Stevie: "Uh huh, and by the right hands, you mean your hands?"
- David: "Well, I mean someone with faultless taste who understands what people want and need, and if those happen to be my hands, then..."
- ―David Rose and Stevie Budd[src]
Alexis has returned to high school, specifically in Jocelyn's class, to obtain her diploma. Alexis finds that her approach to school may cause a problem for herself, both with Jocelyn and her fellow classmates, especially the girls. Johnny has decided to offer a complimentary continental breakfast to the motel guests, utilizing the services of Ivan, who supplies baked goods, specifically muffins, for the cafe. In their new relationship as baker and customer, shy Ivan confides in Johnny that he would like, instead of money, to utilize his services in return, something akin to Cyrano de Bergerac. And the only general store in town is closing due to poor sales. Moira, as a councilor, learns that a big box retailer, namely Christmas World, is interested in taking over the lease, which requires the approval of council. Moira's view on Christmas World coming to town changes when David, urged by Stevie, wants to take over the lease himself, he feeling that his time, not only at the Blouse Barn, but in running art galleries - albeit with his parents as investors - puts him in good stead to make the general store a success. In the process, David learns some long hidden truths about some of his past retailing successes.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt