- Johnny: "Your graduation is this Friday?"
- Alexis: "I didn't tell you because I don't want you to come. It's bad enough that I have to wear that unflattering black dress and then the hat with the thing on it in front of people that I don't know."
- David: "Yeah, I'm not going. I was at your first graduation and it's not my fault that you weren't there."
- Johnny: "We all have to go, David, unless you have some special excuse."
- David: "It's my birthday."
- ―Johnny, Alexis, and David Rose[src]
"Grad Night" is the thirteenth episode and finale of the third season of Schitt's Creek. It is the thirty-ninth episode overall.
Alexis announces that her high school graduation ceremony is on Friday, the same day as David's birthday, a day which the rest of his family totally forgot. The Roses' Friday gets even more busy when Johnny has to man the front desk of the sold out motel - having no vacancies available, a first for their stay in Schitt's Creek, and the Jazzagals are, at the last minute, invited to perform in a festival out of town, with Moira wanting to perform a song which features her. These scheduling conflicts are all right with Alexis, who openly states that she doesn't want her family to attend the ceremony. What Alexis says and what she wants are two totally different things as she comes to the conclusion that this graduation truly marks a turning point in her life as witnessed by a decision she makes about working for Ted. So Alexis scours the crowd at graduation in the slim hope that any of her loved ones will be there to witness this milestone in her life. And David, who was happily going to spend his birthday alone so that he could sulk in peace, is invited to dinner by Patrick at the last minute when he learns that it's his birthday. Feeling like the dinner is supposed to be a party, David invites Stevie. Upon her arrival at the restaurant, Stevie surveys the situation, and based on the gift Patrick gives to David, believes the "party" on Patrick's part was truly meant to be a date between Patrick and David. Only the end of the night will show if Stevie is correct in her assumption.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Dustin Milligan as Ted Mullens
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Shakura S'Aida as Lena
- Lili Connor as Grace
- Mary Kelly as Jazzagal #1
- Ma-Anne Dionisio as Jazzagal #2
- Jenifer Foster as Jazzagal #3
- Josh Holliday as Store Customer
- Michael Murphy as Graduating Student