Merry Christmas, Johnny Rose is a holiday special and the thirteenth episode in the fourth season of Schitt's Creek. It is the fifty-second episode overall.
On the night before Christmas Eve, Johnny has a dream about the lavish Christmas parties that he and his family used to host. Feeling now that their lives are back on track, Johnny wants to have one of those old fashioned Rose Christmas parties this year, which means, if it is to happen, planning, organizing, and arranging everything in approximately twelve hours. He has to get Moira, David, and Alexis on board, and delegate the tasks to get it done, which may be easier said than done. But as one hurdle after another arises, from Alexis misinterpreting what it means to be in charge of the guest list which she and Ted will not be on anyway as they have other plans already to spend with Ted's vet friends who Alexis has yet to meet, to Ray, who has the only Christmas tree lot in town, gouging his customers on this, the day before Christmas, to David refusing to provide Christmas decorations and ornaments from the store preferring to sell such items to actual paying customers meaning that Johnny has to scrounge whatever old ornaments that Stevie's grandmother may have left at the motel. Johnny begins to have the feeling that this Christmas may not be like the Christmases from their past, which may not be a totally bad thing. But the true spirit of Christmas may eventually surface in Schitt's Creek at the Rosebud Motel.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Dustin Milligan as Ted Mullens
- Noah Reid as Patrick Brewer
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Marilyn Bellfontaine as Gwen Currie
- Lili Connor as Grace
- John Bourgeois as Don Taylor
- Sherry Miller as Bev Taylor
- David Jack as Stavros
- Paul Shaffer as himself
- Unknown as Roland Moira Schitt
- It is revealed in this episode that the Roses have been living in Schitt's Creek for a little over two years.