- Twyla: "Oh, before we start, I just wanna warn everybody, there is a murderer on the loose. In this town. So heads up, eyes peeled, guys."
- Moira: "Twyla, are you all right?"
- Twyla: "I will be if I can get a few friends together this weekend to catch this murderer."
- ―Twyla Sands and Moira Rose discussing the former's upcoming Murder Mystery Party[src]
Johnny has arranged a meeting with representatives of a golf club for them to discuss the possibility of entering into a joint venture of golfing vacation packages. When Stevie sees the proposed terms which benefits the golf club more than it does the motel, she learns that Johnny's ulterior motive is to get at least one free round of golf out of the process, the meeting to take place at the club on the links. While Johnny itches to get back out on the links, he who has not played in three years due to the Roses' new circumstances, Stevie is not a golfer, she who Johnny believes should probably learn to enhance the entire experience. Johnny and Stevie will find if Stevie going through the golf lessons with Johnny and Roland and even taking the meeting with the golf club reps was worth it. Meanwhile, Twyla is hosting her annual murder mystery party, all the Jazzagals who are invited. While Moira has no desire to attend, she soon discovers that no one else has any desire to attend either based on the disasters that were the previous parties. As such, Moira changes her focus from doing whatever to avoid going, to helping Twyla make it the best attended murder mystery party she has ever hosted. And Alexis is contemplating going to college on Ted's advice that some higher education might benefit her work experience. After a casual discussion with David on the matter, Alexis comes to the realization that going to college at this time might not be the easiest thing for her to accomplish, the reason which she is a little reluctant to admit.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Dustin Milligan as Ted Mullens
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Marilyn Bellfontaine as Gwen Currie
- Shakura S'Aida as Lena
- Lili Connor as Grace
- Mary Kelly as Jazzagal #1
- Ma-Anne Dionisio as Jazzagal #2
- Jennifer Foster as Jazzagal #3
- Tennille Read as Golf Club Manager
- Tom Barnett as Golf Club Manager
- Trevor Pease as Golfer