"Open Mic" is the sixth episode in the fourth season of Schitt's Creek. It is the forty-fifth episode overall.
Rose Apothecary is doing poor business. Patrick comes up with a suggestion to boost business by holding an open mic night at the store, which will at least bring some people into their establishment. David has a few very specific reasons in not wanting to implement Patrick's suggestion, the most important being something related to their personal relationship. Meanwhile, Alexis, for a class assignment, offers her services to her father and Stevie as a marketing consultant for the motel, Alexis' hope that it will become a paying job. Although both Johnny and Stevie are reluctant to even hear Alexis out, they cannot argue with some of her logic. Alexis finds that implementing her marketing plan is more difficult than she imagined, the biggest obstacle being some feelings that Stevie has about the aftermath of increased business to the motel. And Moira inadvertently learns of some information which she is asked to keep secret. Her ability to keep the secret, even in the inquisition by those who want to know it, even surprises her, not so much that she is able to keep the secret, but that that the secret is hidden more effectively even from her.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Noah Reid as Patrick Brewer
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Jonathan Ho as Open Mic Attendee
- Scott Farley as Improviser #1
- Linnea Currie-Roberts as Open Mic Attendee
- Ted Hambly as Open Mic Attendee