|“||The internet says you're dead.||”|
|— Alexis Rose to Moira[src]|
"RIP Moira Rose" is the fifth episode in the fourth season of Schitt's Creek. It is the forty-fourth episode overall.
News abounds on the internet that Moira has passed away, and Moira is happy that all her friends in Schitt's Creek are relieved that she is still alive and that the comments posted online about the news are complimentary about her life. But these good feelings that Moira has about her passing take a turn when a reporter shows up at the motel for a story. Moira doesn't know what's worse: that there is only one reporter, or that the reporter will see that she lives, in her own words, in "a Podunk motel". Meanwhile, talk about death leads to Roland asking Johnny to be godfather to his and Jocelyn's unborn baby. Johnny doesn't want the largely symbolic role which would signify a relationship with Roland closer than the former would like, but more specifically in the off chance that the role would actually mean greater responsibility for the baby if anything were to happen to Roland and Jocelyn. And Alexis decides to accompany David on a buying trip for the store, most specifically to see a farmer whose artisan goat cheese David wants to sell. It isn't until they are almost at their destination that both David and Alexis realize that said farmer, Heather Warner, is Ted's current girlfriend. Alexis and David have to decide what to do under the circumstance, which is made all the more complicated by Ted's presence at the farm with Heather.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Dustin Milligan as Ted Mullens
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Natalie Brown as Heather Warner
- Marilyn Bellfontaine as Gwen Currie
- Lili Connor as Grace
- Mary Kelly as Jazzagal #1
- Jennifer Foster as Jazzagal #3
- Christina Song as Jazzagal #2
- Noah Reid is credited but does not appear.