- Party guests: "Surprise!"
- Moira: "What?! There's no fundraiser?! You're just here to celebrate me? Oh, never in the history of surprises has one been so delightfully blindsided."
- ―Party guests and Moira Rose[src]
Moira's birthday is fast approaching and Johnny wants to hold a surprise party for her. He initially doesn't get much assistance in organizing the party from either David or Alexis, the latter who doesn't even want to attend as she and Ted were planning on a romantic getaway in Chicago the day of the party since Ted has to attend a veterinary convention there anyway. As such, Johnny decides to enlist Roland and Jocelyn's help in the party, masquerading it as a black tie fundraiser that Jocelyn is organizing. But one problem with the plan arises after another, the most difficult to overcome being Moira, a born events planner who wants to take control of the event, threatening not to attend if she doesn't get her way. Meanwhile, Stevie is still struggling with dealing with what it means to be friends with David. And Alexis, who is eventually convinced by Ted to stay for the party while he goes to Chicago alone, may see it as her opportunity to get closer to a now single Mutt in a romantic setting.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Tim Rozon as Mutt Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Dustin Milligan as Ted Mullens
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Ashley Botting as Bakery Clerk
- Kristen Bruun as Gas Station Attendant (scenes deleted)