- Moira: "Mr. Rose and I would like to put a for sale sign on this incredible town."
- Johnny: "We're willing to settle for what we paid for it. More if you can get it, but definitely not less."
- Ray: "Well, I'm not gonna lie to you I'm not super optimistic. You know, because the government saw no value in Schitt's Creek. You know, when they repossessed your assets."
- ―Moira Rose, Johnny Rose, and Ray Butani[src]
"The Drip" is the second episode in the first season of Schitt's Creek. It is the second episode overall.
A leak in the motel room ceiling which is allowing brown water to drip on top of his bed is the last straw for Johnny in living in Schitt's Creek. Believing it is at least a start in the road to financial recovery, Johnny decides the next order of business is to sell the town. What Johnny learns is the most pressing of many obstacles in getting at least what he paid for it is that there is a contract which stipulates that the mayor has to sign off on the sale. Knowing the mayor's temperament, Johnny and Moira, and if possible their offspring, have to attend a dinner at the Schitts' home - with Roland and his wife Jocelyn - to get on the mayor's good side so that he will sign. Former actress Moira has to oblige an unusual further request by Roland to seal the deal. Meanwhile, Stevie invites both David and Alexis to a tailgate party in town. Alexis happily accepts, she who sees this invitation as the perfect opportunity to one-up her ex-boyfriend Stavros in what she sees as their post-breakup battle.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Tim Rozon as Mutt Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt