- Stevie: "Okay, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you were probably surrounding yourself with the wrong people, and we both know that Patrick is not that kind of person. Also, I know everything about you, about your history, your family, and I'm still here."
- David: "I think you're my best friend."
- ―Stevie Budd and David Rose[src]
"The Jazzaguy" is the eighth episode in the fourth season of Schitt's Creek. It is the forty-seventh episode overall.
For standing her up on a scheduled luncheon date earlier in the day, Johnny surprises Moira at a Jazzagals rehearsal, he who will take her out for drinks following the rehearsal. The other Jazzagals' reaction to Johnny being at their rehearsal leads to Moira wanting to have her cake and eat it too, at least as much as one in her circumstance in Schitt's Creek can eat. Meanwhile, Stevie tries to get David out of his funk concerning the awkward state of his and Patrick's relationship following the debacle that was the barbecue, by treating him to a spa resort trip. As she has done with Jake in the past, Stevie informed the resort that she and David were going to be on their honeymoon to get the freebies that usually go along with such information. Upon seeing what the resort has done for them, Stevie and David have to decide how far they will go with the ruse to receive all the freebies, especially in light of David's fragile state concerning love. And Alexis doesn't want to admit to anyone that she being on a dating app is not just research for Twyla. The one person that she has any desire to go out with on the app is Miguel. The question then becomes when Miguel asks to meet, whether she will indeed meet with him in light of the fact that he is the only other veterinarian in the area, and one who is in competition in every respect with Ted.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Scott Cavalheiro as Miguel
- Siobhan Murphy as Bobbi
- Marilyn Bellfontaine as Gwen Currie
- Lili Connor as Grace
- Mary Kelly as Jazzagal #1
- Jennifer Foster as Jazzagal #3
- Divine Brown as Jazzagal
- Jacquelyn French as Jazzagal
- Twyla stated she didn't know there were two singers in the Rose family, even though she was in the audience when Moira and David performed "The Number" at Asbestos Fest five episodes prior.