- David: "When you get hit in the back playing a game you never wanted to play in the first place, does that make you the VIP?"
- Patrick: "The MVP, and uh, no, we're not doing that."
- David: "Okay, but what if we were doing it, though?"
- Patrick: "Well then, you would definitely be the VIP. "
- ―David Rose and Patrick Brewer[src]
"The M.V.P." is the ninth episode in the fifth season of Schitt's Creek. It is the sixty-first episode overall.
It's the championship baseball game between the team representing Café Tropical versus the team representing Bob's Garage, captained by Patrick and Ronnie respectively. There is already bad blood between the two stemming from the previous bathroom remodel, each who will do whatever required to beat the other. They don't want to tell the other that they are each down a player which would mean forfeiting the game. They are each able to recruit a replacement, they being for the respective teams: a very reluctant David, who has no skill or want to play any sort of team sport, and a very enthusiastic Johnny, who actually does know how to play. Against their team captains, David and Johnny may have other goals for the game besides winning. Meanwhile, it's the first rehearsal for Cabaret, and an already uncomfortable Stevie feels even more out of her element when they start the rehearsal with warm up exercises, including some improvisation games. Moira and the others have to find ways to make Stevie feel more at ease or risk the show being a failure.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Dan Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Noah Reid as Patrick Brewer
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Jade Whitney as Cast Member
- Natalie Sebastian as Cast Member
- Amanda-May Wilson as Cast Member