|“||You know, I thought that I might be ready to forgive him, but I think he needs a couple more nights at that motel.||”|
|— Jocelyn Schitt to Johnny Rose, regarding Roland[src]|
The Roses' peace and quiet at the motel is interrupted in the middle of the night by a new guest who has moved in next door. They will learn that that guest is Roland, who is trying to hide the fact that he and Jocelyn have had a major fight, he lamenting in a loud and specific way of his grief. Roland and Jocelyn's problems lead directly and indirectly to Johnny and Moira facing the state of their own marriage, as they deal individually with Roland and Jocelyn. This situation makes Alexis think about moving out on her own, which she believes she now can do since she is earning an income. She has found in the classifieds what she believes is a potential apartment in Schitt's Ceek. That apartment could end up being another point of contention between her and David.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- It is implied that the apartment that Alexis and David look into renting is in fact the former home of the deceased Carl Currie. In the episode, Ray points out to Alexis and David that the previous owner killed himself by hanging from the ceiling fan, the same way Carl apparently died.