- Stevie: "That's a nice bracelet, did you get that from Patrick?"
- David: "I might have."
- Stevie: "So you waiting a full week to forgive him has nothing to do with the fact that he showered you with gifts and attention every day."
- David: "That is purely coincidental! I was just working up the strength, to be able to put our differences aside, for the future of our relationship."
- ―Stevie and David Rose[src]
"The Olive Branch" (also called “The Gesture”) is the ninth episode in the fourth season of Schitt's Creek. It is the forty-eighth episode overall.
It's been a week since David and Patrick have officially been on a break in their relationship, a week where Patrick has tried to extend olive branches in several different forms to say he's sorry, while David has remained silent in return. In some respects, David has been a needy mess to others, such as to Stevie, while in reality he has been continually putting off reconciling with Patrick, which he truly wants. Meanwhile, Alexis has graduated from the business program at Elmdale College and wants to flex her business acumen on the world. Her first act in her new self-formed company is to apply for the town's arts and culture grant. Moira, as a town councilor who will be evaluating all the proposals, may have her own thoughts as to whether Alexis should get the grant, or someone else near and dear to her heart (herself). And Johnny, in what is meant to be a measure of gratitude for being such a good partner, gives Stevie a gift which offends her sensibilities. After talking to Alexis about the gift, Stevie may have a practical way to show Johnny what the actual gift means in her life.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Noah Reid as Patrick Brewer
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt